Heating & Plumbing Engineer Vacancy
Please see the details of this vacancy below:
Summary of job:
- Located in London and the surrounding areas
- Salary: £32,000 – £36,000/Annum - Depending on experience
- Company van, mobile, company Barclaycard & uniform provided
- 24 hour on call rota (1 week in every 4-5 weeks dependent on staffing, with a guaranteed £100 bonus for being on call plus overtime for additional hours worked)
- Overtime opportunities: In addition to your on call overtime, there are opportunities for extra overtime at applicable time and a half and double time rates
This role will include;
- Carrying out gas work on domestic (and preferably also commercial) boiler systems including gas safety and services, boiler installation and diagnosing boiler faults.
- Identifying and rectifying a wide range of commercial and domestic plumbing problems including leak detection, unblocking toilets/stacks and general servicing of plumbing related goods.
- Evaluating jobs and providing estimates.
- Sourcing parts required for jobs.
- Reactive and preventative maintenance.
- Filling out job reports and time sheets on a weekly basis with full details of each job and your works plus any recommendations.
- Working on an on call rota.
We are looking for;
- An applicant with good all round knowledge and experience of gas works including boiler installation, gas safety and services and reactive maintenance.
- A Gas Safe qualified engineer.
- An applicant with good all round knowledge and experience of plumbing installation, maintenance and repairs in all areas including leaks, burst pipes and plumbing appliances.
- An applicant with a full clean driver’s licence preferably with a good knowledge of London.
- An applicant who can work alone or as part as a team.
- An applicant who is honest, reliable and has great communication skills.
- An applicant who is organised and methodical in their work and who can use emails, work scheduling apps and the internet effectively.
- An applicant who is flexible and happy to undertake working on an on call rota.
- A clear DBS check is essential.
- An applicant who is preferably a fully qualified plumber.